9.1.09

Cutting the school year 5 days short?!!?

What is up with this idea to cut the school year 5 days short? This is outrageous. I know, 'let's just let them out early, who cares, it's only the end of the year, they aren't doing anything then anyway.' What a better way to send the message, 'school really isn't that important to us in California, but please move here because it is so desirable.'

I am curious how this will play out. Cutting the school year will save a great amount of money. I was surprised how much it will save, $1.1 billion. If we are sure there will be cuts to schools, if the government really is about to run out of money, then cuts have to come some way. I get the impression that it is going to happen, but I doubt we will be posting it on any ads for our state. You have a good point.

No comments:

Educating in the Digital Age

I am a successful teacher, and I have been writing an educational advice column for the OC Register for four years. I am here if you need me. Post a question or use this page to find websites for Preschoolers, Elementary Kids, Junior High, and High School Students, Parents, and Teachers. I'll keep working on this site. Please use it and pass it to others who might find it helpful. If we work together, we can help one another, tutor each other's children, provide resources, steer each other to paths that are out there for all children.